- Part Time
The Bon Secours Health System is a leader in Catholic healthcare in Ireland with hospitals and long term care facilities in Cork, Dublin, Galway, Limerick, and Tralee. The group employs over 3,000 personnel who work in partnership to provide the highest level of patient care. The mission of Bon Secours Health System is to provide compassionate quality health care to those we serve, to be good help to those in need, caring for the sick, the dying and their families within a Catholic ethos.
The Bon Secours Care Village is unique among our facilities in that it provides long term, convalescent and respite care. It is a state-of-the-art purpose built facility with specific design features. Due to an increasing demand for our excellent services a major expansion is underway to include 30 private ensuite bedrooms, new gardens, expanded restaurant, chapel and activities / rehabilitation room. We pride ourselves on exceptional care provided by our outstanding team of highly qualified staff. The Staff Nurse will be responsible for the following:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assume responsibility on each shift for the nursing care of allocated residents,
- Ensure a high standard in care for the elderly is maintained at all times,
- Lead the Health Care Assistant in providing high quality direct and indirect care,
- Build strong relationships with residents to encourage trust, and understand their needs,
- Evaluate resident care needs and in-conjunction with our multi-disciplinary team implement and evaluate individualised care plans that meet the resident’s needs,
- Form part of a dynamic environment where teamwork and personal development are encouraged,
- Ensure all documentation relating to residents is accurately maintained in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Must be ABA/NMBI registration,
- Minimum 6 months post graduate elderly care experience is preferable,
- Strong clinical & communication skills are required,
- Must practice person centred approach in patient care,
- Ability to work as part of team & independently,
- Knowledge of HIQA Regulations and standards is essential,
- Eligible to work in Ireland.
Benefits: Pension, flexible working hours, free staff car-parking, staff discounted award-winning restaurant, educational assistance etc.
Interested candidates should forward their CV and accompanying cover letter to: Úna O'Donnell, HR Manager, Bon Secours Care Village, Mount Desert, Lee Road, Cork or Email: email@example.com